- Our house survived. It's clear the fire crews saved it. The fire came within six feet of the house where we can see a trench was dug to protect the structure.
- Our water system is completely decimated from top to bottom. We lost all five storage tanks (18k gallons) and the pressurizer. We don't know about the underground piping.
- The land is scorched everywhere around the house. Many trees are damaged but we don't know how badly or the long term implications. The fire stayed mostly on the ground, taking out all the brush and scorching tree trunks, but never getting to the canopies, which we are told is what saved us.
- We'll need to get an environmental review to know if any toxic ash got in to the house.
Heading up to the springs, the "snow" is everywhere.
And the springs themselves are melted and covered in potentially toxic ash.
We have a long and difficult rebuild ahead to get water back, electricity turned on, toxicity and other hazards cleared. BUT - no one was hurt at our house, the fire is contained, and we've had tremendous support from friends, family, and the local community.
We'll be doing our best to provide support to the local fire teams as well as the people near us who didn't fare as well.